We love love love this avocado sauce from Damn Delicious. Not only have we put it on zoodles, but it also makes a great topper for burgers or to mix into your quinoa power bowl at lunch. I’ve made it several times already. Emulsifying the oil can be slightly tricky, but I think you can do it!
Ingredients (As listed on Damn Delicious’s website):
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled (I only used 1 avocado)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (I used slightly less)
- 2 cloves garlic (I added 2 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used a whole lemon’s juice)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I use rapeseed oil or coconut oil for this)
- Red pepper flakes (I added these for my version)
Mix all ingredients but for the oil with a stick blender or food processor. Then slowly add the oil as you mix. It should thicken up a bit. Cover and let it chill in the refrigerator until cool. It keeps in the fridge for several days and don’t worry- the avocado won’t turn brown.