I made this salad for Christmas dinner at my parents’ house and I think it was a hit. It looks pretty and festive with the colors as well. You can easily make this ahead of time too which is always a bonus during the busy holiday season. We ate it two days in a row and found it to be yummy cold or warm.
- 3 cups white quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup silvered almonds
- ½ lime – zest and juice
- ½ clementine- zest and juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 15 Brussel sprouts: washed, and chopped in quarters
- Honey to taste (I used about 5 tablespoons)
Step 1: Place the Brussel Sprouts in a 9×13 pan and drizzle some olive oil over the top. Toss and crack some pepper over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350° F / 180°C.
Step 2: Mix together all other ingredients but for the honey.
Step 3: Add in the warm Brussel Sprouts.
Step 4: Add in the honey and adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding or subtracting honey.