As today is a public holiday in Belgium, I’m taking some time to tidy the cupboards and prepare some of the fruits and veggies I purchased this week. This bowl of green is, in my humble opinion, SUPER delicious and easy to make. Chop/process 1-large onion, 1-leek, 3-cloves of garlic, and throw it in a skillet. Sautée with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, fresh parsley, Italian blended spices, and some lemon peel or Mrs. Dash lemon spice…voilà! I’ve taken a break from quinoa this last month and am always looking for a nice side to go with some meat or fish. Salads are yummy, but a big helping of veggies is great too. Let me know if you try it! #leeks #sidedish #laoka #onion #garlic #parsley #veggieoption #getyourgreens #homemade
- 1-large onion;
- 3-large cloves of garlic;
- Italian spice blend;
- Olive oil;
- Mrs. Dash (if you have it, if not use a little lemon zest); and
- 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s (if you have it).
- Dice the onions, leek, and garlic- either using the food processor (like I did), or by hand.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and turn it on medium-low.
- Add all the diced veggies to the skillet and let everything cook down until soft but not mushy.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately.
This hash is also great several days later and sometimes I even eat it cold. If you’re not used to the taste of leek, it might seem slightly bitter, but I enjoy that flavor pop!