Tzatziki sauce- not just for falafel or accompanying lamb dishes. We love this sauce for topping burgers, dipping rutabaga fries, or with a quinoa power bowl. The lime juice adds a sour touch that makes this sauce really interesting. Feel free to adjust the juice amount if you’re not obsessed with lemon like I am. 🙂
- 1-125g jar of natural/greek style yogurt
- cucumber, peeled and diced, and de-seeded (I used about 2 inches of cucumber)
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon juice (half a lemon’s worth, hand-squeezed)
- Lime juice (half a lime’s worth, hand-squeezed)
- 5 turns of black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate.
Disclaimer: I’m not Greek and this recipe is simply my twist on this delicious condiment.